The role of Account Assistant includes providing all the necessary support on the purchase invoices & Sale invoices process and checking the GMAO hours process providing resiliency to the finance team in Manchester.
The main responsibility in this role consist in ensuring and supervising the purchase ledger/clerk role & responsibilities, ensuring this process is run as much efficient as possible making sure the right coding, timing, and presentation gets done as well as supervising some of the month-end entries completed by the shared services team based in Nottingham.
The candidate should be willing when its required, to provide back up and support to the purchase ledger clerk in registering invoices or raising sales invoices.
In addition to the above, the role will require interaction with Spain (HQ) for the monthly reporting in relation to the the purchase & sales invoices processing or the GMAO hours registration. It will require also interaction with the shared services centre based in Nottingham (BWB)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.End to end Purchase ledger and Sale Ledger verification. (checking the coding of invoices, Invoice Investigations, purchase orders check ensuring the input entered it is correct)
2.Payment run proposal and verification.
3.Sales invoices preparation
4.Monthly Finance Closing Report
- Monthly reconciliations for clients and suppliers
- Updating payroll report (Review the payroll report produced by HR on monthly basis & the associated journal enter in the system by a third person in Nottingham)
- Inter-company transactions
- Accruals & prepayments verification in re to what the shared service centre has processed.
- Posting credit card analysis (helping with the coding and ensuring all the information it provided on due course)
- KPI reporting.
- Assisting the Management Accountant & Head of Finance in preparing ad-hoc reports (updating some business plans templates)
- Review P&L and B&S (parts involving purchase invoices and sales invoices process)
5. Ad-Hoc reporting as required from the business
ACADEMIC &/OR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
a)Accounting Certificate (AAT Qualified or equivalent) is essential.
b)Finance Degree preferred but not essential.
a)Proven track record of success within finance departments
b)Demonstrate significant experience in managing Purchase Ledger processes and people within current/previous roles.
c)People management experience
d)Experience at working with a range of IT/finance systems.(i.e. accounting system connected to a stock/purchasing system where purchase orders are generated)
e)Commercial accounting experience
1.Proactive person with initiative to follow up in each of the actions assigned with the flexibility to adapt to changes in the process or new instructions received from Spain - Our Headquarter
2.Able to organise and prioritise work activities and demanding deadlines