We are seeking all experience levels for a diesel mechanic with an ability to carry out full comprehensive diagnostics on all diesel engines/systems utilizing all electronic software platforms and all related physical diagnostic/test measurements.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two years’ experience in utilizing diagnostic software with extensive knowledge of Cat, Cummins, Detroit, GM, Ford, IH, and Mack systems. Your ability to identify and resolve engine system failures, resolve complex technical problems, think strategically, and execute good judgement are the skills and traits we desire in our shop.
- Own and maintain required personal tools
- Understand overall system functionality of any prospective or current job and obtain knowledge of any systems not fully understood in order to diagnose/repair subsequent jobs
- Perform all diagnostic, service and repair operations outlined consistently, methodically, timely in accordance to documented procedures
- Communicates timely with service manager on diagnostics results and associated scope of service
- Complete required documentation accounting for diagnostic findings, complete work, parts used, repair and diagnostic times in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive work environment by communicating in a professional, respectful and ethical manner with customers, managers and team members
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with diagnostic concepts and familiarity with tools for measuring, calibration and system diagnostics
- Ability and perseverance to resolve complex technical problems
- Identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure and accurately document findings
- Think strategically and execute good judgement
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with internal team members as well as external service professionals and vendors
- Organize and structure work environment for optimal performance, safety, cleanliness and champion subordinate team members to participate
- Must be able to use a Windows-based PC and operating software to perform job duties.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- AAS (Assoc. of Applied Science) in Diesel Technologies
- Class A CDL
- ASE, A/C, air, electronic, hydraulic or other related certifications
- Two years mechanical experience
- Extensive diesel diagnostics and repair
- Overhaul experience on multiple engine platforms
Compensation and Benefits:
- Company provided medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401K Plan with matching funds
- Vacation, sick days, holidays
Please No Phone Calls
PurrFormance Diesel Inc.; a Service and Fuel Injection Remanufacturing Center, OEM Dealer for Cummins, Isuzu Ind., Mitsubishi Ind., and Bosch Diesel Vehicle Diagnostic (DVD) is a dynamic and growing company which has a Passion for all things DIESEL. We are currently launching a completely new business platform focusing on empowering our team to promote exceptional customer service; offering the right candidate the opportunity to become a member of our elite team of specialized technicians.
Role: Diesel Mechanic
Apply for this job now.