Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
Publix is seeking a Programmer Analyst who will play a key role interacting with enterprise teams to define and develop architecture, technical requirements, interfaces, & implementation approaches for point of sale applications. As a member of this technology team, you will have an opportunity to influence architecture & design across enterprise/cross-functional teams in a high paced environment, participate in understanding customer/associate feedback to resolve or improve technical issues and develop, own, and drive implementation of the technology roadmap for point of sale solutions.Required Qualifications
On this team we are seeking a technical candidate with strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills as well as strong writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills. The most suitable candidate will be able to communicate effectively with management, peers, technology vendors, and business unit customers.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years coding experience
- Minimum of two years experience developing and supporting enterprise applications
- Minimum of two years experience leveraging .Net framework 3.x/4.x, VB.NET or C#
- Minimum of two years experience with SQL Server
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
- Experience with designing enterprise class solutions using object oriented analysis and design and design patterns, UML, service-oriented architecture and solution frameworks.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have experience with Visual Studio 2012/2015/2017
- Five years experience developing and supporting enterprise applications running in a multi-platform distributed environment
- Knowledge of Infrastructure related systems client/server, workstations, servers, networks, midrange, mainframe, database, and middleware technologies like MQ
- Strong technical understanding of the .NET Framework
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling concepts
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Three years experience with Retail concepts and related application software
- Experience with source control preferably TFS
- Be able to work with minimal supervision within a large corporate environment
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
- provided by Dice