Cactus Holdings/Western Beef Supermarket is looking to hire a Butcher responsible for taking exceptional care of all meat product sold by the company. The Butcher cuts, trims, and bones meat according to company standards and required specifications (length, weight, visual appearance, etc.) The Butcher will wrap and price packages, weigh up any price per lb. packages that will be displayed in counter and takes exceptional care of any meat.
The Butcher Requirements and Qualifications:
· Minimum 6-months prior experience as a Butcher or handling meat products
· Minimum of 18 years of age
· Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Knowledge of safety handling procedures when working with sharp objects, cutting gloves required
· Must maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
· Professional appearance required
· Ability to multitask
· Must be a team player and problem solver
· Ability to handle stress appropriately
Why choose Western Beef Retail, Inc./Cactus Holdings, Inc.?
Western Beef/Cactus Holdings employs over 2,400 people and owns over 2 Million SQ SF in NYC Real Estate, with over 27 Retail store locations and over 1,000 weekly wholesale customers. Our retail locations serve over 900K people weekly largely of Hispanic, Caribbean, West Indian and African American descent.
Western Beef/Cactus Holdings truly values its heritage. Our origins trace back to 1906 where we began as a series of small, local butcher shops. While the company has certainly grown since then, Western Beef/Cactus Holdings maintains its proud heritage and strives to remain an integral part of the communities and families of the communities that surround our business and help it grow.
Apply for this job now.