The major task of the Admission Specialist will be to develop a smooth and efficient admissions process for the Portsmouth Office in accordance with the standards set by the Center.
Meet with each new (reapplying client) to process admission paperwork. This process
- Review, complete, and explain required paperwork. Secure client signatures on necessary forms.
- Setting fees, explaining the client’s financial obligations. Refer client to Benefits Specialist if appropriate.
- Verify insurance coverage and obtain authorizations for new admissions, and internal referrals as well as ongoing insurance changes and authorizations.
- Open Admissions in the Electronic Health Record.
Develop the expertise necessary to work effectively with all payers. . Complete the training to become a Certified Application Counselor to educate and assist consumers in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Provide assistance to the Clinical Staff as needed to obtain authorizations.
Attend scheduled supervision meetings with Intake and Billing Department as appropriate.
Other duties and responsibilities assigned which are consistent with employees
Training and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Degree required or Associate degree and 3-4 years related experience.
- CPR and First Aid training is recommended.
- Has ability to utilize computers, copier, fax, typewriter and postage meter and has ability to travel.
- Maintains positive attitude and satisfactory energy level and uses appropriate outlets (i.e. supervision and feedback from staff).
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Earned Time (Time off)
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Holidays
- Dental Insurance
- Paid LTD
- Paid Life Insurance
- 403B with a match after one of service
If you like making a difference in your community and are passionate about working in a nonprofit organization Seacoast Mental Health Center is an excellent choice!
Founded in 1963 to address the mental health care needs of the New Hampshire Seacoast, Seacoast Mental Health Center (SMHC) is one of ten non-profit state-designated community mental health centers (CMHCs) in New Hampshire. As a CMHC, we provide evaluations and treatment services to children, adolescents and families, adults, and the elderly who reside in our catchment area regardless of their ability to pay.
Role: Admission Specialist
Apply for this job now.