This position will operate a front-end loader in a rugged outdoor, unpaved environment. Operators will use loaders to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements.
- Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction.
- Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily.
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operate equipment.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience using heavy equipment/front end loader (Volvo L90 preferred)
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces (paved, dirt, multilevel)
- Able to climb up & down from cab heights with ease multiple times per hour.
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision.
- Must be able to work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Role: Heavy Equipment Operator Laborer
Apply for this job now.