Technical Data Architect/Principle Data Architect - Remote, ERP, CRM, BI, MIS, Data warehouse
Our prestigious Higher Educational client is seeking a dynamic, hands-on and technically astute Technical Data Architect/Principal Data Architect with experience of building a framework of principles to ensure technical & data integrity across the business (including but not limited to ERP, CRM, BI, MIS, Data warehouse, external interfaces etc.)
The successful Technical Data Architect/Principal Data Architect will provide technical oversight and act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies and strategies.
Other duties will include:
- Responsible for the definition, design and interpretation of technical architecture artefacts taken from user requirements specifications or in direct discussions with the business users, to create IT solutions architecture to meet business application requirements
- Be responsible for the determination and promulgation of the appropriate: frameworks, libraries and approach to be adopted, in the translation of this architecture into working code; and to keep these up to date
- Ensure all documentation is kept updated and relevant knowledgebases reflect the latest changes
- Technical lead and escalation point for global System Administrators
- Oversee data import, data cleansing, de-duplication, and data maintenance activities
- Actively participate in critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Undertake system administration of agreed systems.
- Develop and optimise the application landscape.
- Some line management duties may be required from this role.
You will play a key part in the technical roadmap for all the education and global corporate systems. The role requires a balance of leadership, architecture and development skills, to allow delivery of system implementations & improvements beneficial to the business.
Technical skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of systems analysis, technical & security architecture, and design
- Minimum 3 years' experience of SQL Server (DBA, Scripting & maintenance)
- Experienced in API Interfaces, database design, Apache MQ
- Strong experience of ERP, CRM, BI, MIS, Data warehouse, external interfaces etc
- Working knowledge of school MIS applications, such as iSAMS, SIMS or Powerschool is a distinct advantage
- Experience of Talend integrations, server management, access, and security
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Version control & source repositories experience (such as Bitbucket, SourceTree)
- Experience in creating reports in SSRS and Datamodelling and dashboard creation in Power BI is advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience of any of the following: Azure, Dynamics, NetSuite, Edays is beneficial
- Architectural qualifications such as, TOGAF 9 level 1 or 2, or Open Group Certified Architect Level 1 or above are highly advantageous
As Technical Data Architect/Principal Data Architect, you will be working closely with the development and infrastructure teams, the role will provide guidance on all future technical architecture, design and will be a technical reviewer in the change management process, with shared accountability for the quality of the technical deliverables for the global teams.
This is a permanent remote position (with occasional staff meetings, team events and training in London or Milton Keynes) and is paying a salary of up to £70,000 + great benefits.
Again, we are seeking a technically astute Technical Data Architect/Principal Data Architect with experience of building a framework of principles to ensure technical & data integrity across the business (including but not limited to ERP, CRM, BI, MIS, Data warehouse, external interfaces etc.) Strong experienced in API Interfaces, database design, Apache MQ as well as working knowledge of school MIS applications, such as iSAMS, SIMS or Powerschool is a distinct advantage
Technical Data Architect/Principle Data Architect - Remote, ERP, CRM, BI, MIS, Data warehouse, iSAMS, SIMS, API Interfaces, Database Design