Salty Iguana Mexican Restaurants is looking for a General Manager to be an integral part of our team. Salty Iguana is a local restaurant that has been serving in the Kansas City metro area for twenty-five years. Currently, we have five restaurants and two food trucks. We are seeking a General Manager to assist in the daily operation of our restaurants. We are looking for strong team leaders that have at least two years experience as General Managers in high volume settings.
Primary responsibilities include:
Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance. The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The General Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
· Manage shifts of 25+ employees including: daily decision-making, scheduling, and planning while upholding company standards, product quality and cleanliness.
· Accomplish restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining restaurant staff,
· Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
· Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents
Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings
Ensure positive guest service in all areas and build relationships with patrons. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs and evaluating program results
Identify and track changing customer market demands
Food safety and planning
· Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
· Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
· Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
· Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Operations Managers for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of food to minimize waste.
· Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
· Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
· Meets restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions, and establishing and monitoring financial controls
· Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account managers, negotiating prices and contracts, reviewing and evaluating usage reports, analyzing variances, and taking corrective actions
· Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
Marketing and Community Relations
· Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand and preparing financial, marketing, sales projections, analyses, and estimates
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry, identifying and evaluating competitors, reviewing professional publications, and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
· Establishes personal networks by participating in professional societies, and providing strong presence in local community and a high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel.
· Keeps Operations Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
· Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Salty Iguana policies and procedures.
· Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
· At all times provides a favorable image of Salty Iguana in all public forums including in the restaurant and media (including social media)
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
· At least two years experience working as a General Manager in a high volume restaurant setting.
· A college degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
· Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
· Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
· Must possess a valid drivers license.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States.
· Must agree to background and credit check.
· Self-discipline, initiative, and time-management
· Leadership ability and good communications skills for dealing with a diverse staff
· Outgoing, pleasant and polite personality and a neat and clean appearance
· Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of restaurant activities and providing appropriate solutions to problems
Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise.
Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including front and back of the house operations
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
We are locally owned and operated in Kansas City for over 25 years.
Role: Restaurant General Manager
Location: Kansas City,
Apply for this job now.