COMPANY: HORIZON BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NEW JERSEY
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Responsible for managing cross-functional teams to deliver defined project outputs on time, within budget, and with quality results. Project Managers plan, organize, monitor, and oversee one or more projects to meet defined requirements or business specifications. They work closely with others in project management to guide efforts toward achieving intended business results.
Project Managers have primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the enterprise project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order to meet project objectives. They also ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project. Selecting the right person for the role of project manager is crucial to project success.
- -Determines project goals and priorities with project sponsor(s) and project owner(s), and other key stakeholders
- -Identify key project team resources. Individual may not have supervisory responsibility (such as hiring and performance/pay reviews) but provides performance input to team members' functional managers and/or the Program Manager as requested.
- May be responsible for one or more complex projects.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and conduct Quality Assurance review of project deliverables per EPMO guidelines.
- Lead creation of a project charter with the team, including the definition of completion and success criteria.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action. Oversee Risk activities. Gather stakeholder input and rank the top project risks in terms of total impact.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, keeping them informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Establish and communicate clear priorities among project activities.
- Works with EPMO Support Service Team to ensure implementation of PM standards, processes, and support services.
- Manage and resolve project issues and risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project(s).
- Business: Business Acumen, Follow-up, Negotiation, Decision Making, Planning & Organizing
- Leadership: Driving Execution, Meeting Leadership, Mobilizing Resources
- Personal: Adaptability, Managing Conflict, Building Strategic Work Relationships, Communication
- Technical: Planview, Lotus Notes, MS-Office including Project
- Requires Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 years professional business experience, prefer Health Insurance Industry
- Minimum of 5 years of prior PM experience preferably in healthcare
- PMI's PMP certification required
Skills and Abilities:
- Prefer knowledge of health insurance industry.
- A technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the project and industry, to be able to anticipate and identify technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodology.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
- Competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, HR management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings.
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to present findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to advise on complex matters to non-specialists; ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the company.
- Personal integrity and courage to escalate issues about the project to management when necessary and to advocate for responsible solutions to project problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear, concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers, and staff.
- Ability to build teams and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups; people management and negotiating skills within a team environment.
- Ability to negotiate consensus amongst diverse groups and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure.
- Budget management skills; ability to analyze and review financing plans and related budgetary information to determine the impact on a project is required. Strong PC skills and expertise in MS-Office suite. Prefer MS-Project and Visio.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- provided by Dice