Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Basingstoke and/or remote working considered
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Solution bringers. Day makers. Extra milers. We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our members wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers. As one of our IT Project Managers, you’ll join our exciting journey to fulfil our future vision. We aim to support the UK’s 17m drivers and to facilitate their driving lives through data and innovation; to succeed with this, we require a step-change in pace and thinking. Join us as we transform and deliver on this ambitious vision. This is the job
You will be project managing and implementing a number of concurrent tactical and strategic projects of varying size and scope within our Capital Expenditure portfolio within the IT Operations area. Each project will need to be implemented to time and cost and adhering to the agreed AA Project Governance Framework.
You will be providing your wealth of project management expertise specifically relating to infrastructure, end user computing and IT Security related projects. This will take the form of facilitating and managing strategic and tactical change implementation, ensuring appropriate AA processes are followed.
So, if you are highly experienced in managing IT infrastructure projects and would like to join a company where you can play a part in creating the future of The AA, we would love to hear from you. What will I be doing?
What do I need?
- Overall responsible for the full end to end planning and delivery of projects in a controlled and timely manner
- Management of project budget and forecasting
- Identifying, assessing, and monitoring risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality criteria and solutions are cost effective, resilient and supportable
- Working with the appropriate IT resources in order to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation approaches which minimise risk whilst meeting project timeline and cost objectives
- Communicating the progress and status of projects to the project sponsor and other members of the project team and act as part of steering groups as and when appropriate / required
- Managing all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks
- Identifying and making recommendations on resources required that optimises each implementation
- Always seek opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of implementation within IT Operations
- Creating and maintaining a good working relationship with portfolio managers, project sponsors and other managers
- Solid Project Management experience, particularly in IT Infrastructure
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - at all levels
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to lead multi-functional teams
- Expert problem solver
- Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
- To be a creative thinker
- Deep understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of Project Management methods and disciplines
- Experience of delivery of large-scale programmes and projects
- Commercially astute
- Reinforces continuous improvement
- Supports the development of new ideas/approaches
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Car Allowance
- Up to 20% performance bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- ?Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon.