PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Permitting Officer 1, Water Quality Permitting
• Location: Cardiff
• Grade & Salary: 4, £25,828 rising to £29,352 a year
• Post number: 202515
• Type of contract: Fixed Term contract until January 2021
• Work pattern: full time
Closing date: 5 April 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
To determine water quality permit applications in accordance with recognised NRW policy, process, guidance and procedures. Support the Permitting Service and respond to internal and external customer queries.
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualifications for Permitting Officer 2 under the Installations, Marine, Waste, Water Quality and Water Resources regimes require a degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline.
• Qualifications for Permitting Officer 2 under the Felling and Species regimes require Level 4 of the Credit & Qualifications Framework or equivalent.
• Customer service experience and ability to influence/persuade to achieve desired outcome.
• An understanding of the Environmental Permitting Regulations and how they relate to the permitting process. (Desirable)
• Experience of decision making using technical software and modelling programmes. (Desirable)
• Ability to identify efficiencies and improvements in processes and ways of working. (Desirable)
For more information, please visit our website.
Role: Permitting Officer 1, Water Quality Permitting
Job Type: Contract
Apply for this job now.