Early Years Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Full time - Ushaw Moor
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a mainstream Primary School the Ushaw Moor area who are in need of a skilled SEN support assistant to work within their EYFS unit. You would be supporting children with varying needs including carrying out personal care. You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis and/or in small groups throughout the school day.
The practitioner must be dedicated and passionate, who has an encouraging personality and who will help the children make progress socially and academically. Experience working with the 'Letters & Sounds' Phonics scheme and delivering small group/ 1:1 interventions is highly sought after for this role. This position offers candidates the scope to develop their career within a primary school, alongside upholding high expectations of learning, attainment, and behaviour.
This role is initially for 1 term but can be extended for the right candidate depending on school funding.
As part of the role, you will be expected to:
- Liaise with the SENCO and class teacher to report on the child's development after each day
- Work alongside the class teacher to plan personalised sessions each week
- Access the child's EHCP or IEP in order to successfully meet individual targets
- To be able to think creatively and have a flexible approach to teaching and learning
- Plan and deliver small group/1:1 sessions
You will need to hold the following:
- Level 2 Qualified or above
- Experience in EYFS or School environment
- Experience with personal care
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the Early Years Sector
- Good behaviour management skills
- Experience of delivering Phonics
- Hold a valid Child Only DBS on the Update Service
The school are looking for an SEN support assistant on a full time basis from September 2021. If this sounds like something you would be interested in please do not hesitate to get in touch. All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.