About the Role
Cory is growing! Do you enjoy problem solving and communicating with others? We are looking for a dedicated Dispatch professional to join a new and dynamic operation. As Dispatcher, you will be the operation’s conductor and support system responsible for maintaining ongoing communication with delivery teams, clients, and customers in order to address and resolve any problems or obstacles that could interfere with the timely completion of scheduled deliveries.
A Day in the Life
• Communicates with sense of urgency with all parties keeping them informed of schedule or delivery issues, answering questions, responding to request and identifying and implementing solutions.
• Monitors how delivery teams are progressing through their routes and schedules – informs or makes adjustments as necessary.
• Ability to act with flexibility, as a conductor in complex situations while considering multiple variables to reconfigure work.
• Advises delivery teams of the proper actions regarding customer, logistics or other problems which could arise and affect scheduled deliveries.
• Verifies merchandise by matching bills of lading, reconciling quantities and SKU’s. Notes discrepancies and reports to appropriate personnel.
• Resolves customer service issues by identifying and explaining the best solution, taking the appropriate action and following up to ensure complete resolution.
• Prepares quality reports, load out reports, dispatch logs and tracking logs, and set up of manifests
• Manages exceptions not limited to late departures or arrivals, breakdowns, in-home service time, NAH, go backs, accidents, product or in-home damages, delivery team illness or injury, HOS, unplanned billing, trends.
• Releases teams upon completion for the day.
• Documents any issues that arose in order to alert next-shift personnel and superiors.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
What You'll Bring
• Combination of education and 1-3 years relevant logistics/dispatch experience collectively considered; Minimum of Associate preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, contractors, supervisors and the general public requiring courtesy, discretion and independent judgment.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, reporting skills
• High energy and motivating skills
• Routing, dispatch, and warehouse experience a big plus
• Computer proficiency: Microsoft Applications and other operational or client systems
• Ability to safeguard customers’ personal information.
• Detail-oriented, analytical problem-solver and ability to multi-task in a demanding environment, high-pressure, high-volume environment.
• Knowledge of relevant policies, practices and procedures and requirements / standards.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Communication: Crisp and effective written, verbal communication skills and follow through
• Multi-tasking, flexible, quick thinker and self-sufficient decision making
• Dedicated, courteous, empathetic, flexible, creative, solutions-focused
· Competitive salaries
· 401K with company match
· Healthcare, vision, dental insurance
· Career development program
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Vacation time
· PTO, and more!
Background and Medical Screening Required
Who We Are
Here at Cory, we deliver dreams! As America’s finest home delivery company, Cory delivers over $2 billion worth of consumer products. This year marks Cory's 85 years in business serving many of the top 100 furniture, appliance, and electronics retailers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
Unleash your potential at Cory. Wherever your passion lies, we can help jump start your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your full potential. We hire exceptional talent, provide effective training and development opportunities, and challenge our people to excel. Start with us, grow with us, we'll invest in you.
Location: Oak Brook,
Apply for this job now.