U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents Only
Looking for a Senior Technologist for Autonomous Systems to join its emerging autonomy team who can provide deep insight into emerging technologies - artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous vehicles, drones, etc. - for air transport. This person will develop our autonomy technology roadmap and influence the investments and the opportunities we pursue. In addition, this person will operate as a partner and advisor to business leaders by leveraging subject matter expertise, by providing sound, practical engineering and business advice, and by employing a creative approach to problem solving.
• Provide thought leadership on autonomy and autonomous solutions for the business
• Develop, lead and grow new technology concepts with strategic impact focused on autonomy, cyber-physical systems, and air vehicle applications
• Identify key technical issues and focus resources to produce cutting-edge technical breakthroughs in cyber-physical systems technology
• Lead pursuits and projects, building relationships, and developing of new autonomous systems technology
• Interface with business leaders and provide direction and guidance for technology roadmaps
• Build strong partnership with government and regulatory bodies in forming policies that promote industry, customer and business needs
• Actively participate in design and development of autonomous solutions
• Collaborate with Global Research Center, other divisions, universities and partners
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 4 years of experience in design and development of distributed cyber-physical systems, autonomous systems, robotic systems, simulation environments, and human-robot interfaces
• Minimum 4 years of experience developing autonomy solutions for a diverse set of problems (e.g. planning, positioning, perception, etc.) and domains
• Minimum 4 years of experience applying artificial intelligence models in real-world environments
• Must be a US citizen.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline focus on autonomy or autonomous vehicles
• Very strong understanding and experience in the fields of autonomy, artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and related technologies.
• Well connected with external thought leaders, technology providers, and users of robotic and autonomous systems
• Strong track record as a thought leader and influencer
• Demonstrated leadership in advancing the state of the art in autonomy
• Ability to engage and interact effectively with senior management and with senior government executives, program managers, and contractors
• Familiarity with systems engineering processes including requirements definition, aircraft integration, flight testing, system safety, and requirements verification
• Familiarity with core robotics and autonomy concepts including path planning, kinematic and dynamic modeling of robots, perception, graphical simulation, and GUIs
• Experience in C / C++ / Python / Java programming, with ROS or other robotics middleware, with OpenCV, OpenCL, PCL, and CUDA, and with Machine and Deep Learning toolkits such as MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe and Torch.
• Experience with sensor fusion, sensor integration, and wireless communication protocols
• Superior problem-solving skills, and independent decision-making abilities, all while operating in an extremely demanding, fast-paced team setting
• Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Willingness to travel up to 30%
Designeers Midwest is a Technical and Professional Staffing and recruiting and we are representing a client for this opportunity.
Role: Senior Technologist for Autonomous Systems
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.