With the distinction as the #274 fastest growing company in America as honored in 2014 by Inc Magazine, and listed as #15 Cool Places to Work in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business, RPM Freight Systems is growing their Accounting Team.
Our Core Philosophies are simple:
· Recruit the Best: We only seek out the top candidates for our open positions. We seek those willing to advance their career, and are willing to work in a high volume growth environment.
· Work Harder Than Anybody Else: We work hard and refuse to overlook the small details. Occasionally we put in long nights, and sometimes, we come in on weekends. That’s what working in a growth environment often entails.
· Do Things the Right Way: Honesty, Integrity, and No Excuses! We do things right, all the time. It’s our commitment to our customers, our carriers, and our employees.
These core philosophies are a must. If this sounds like your kind of place, we are growing our Accounting Team and seeking a Billing Specialist.
This position is a billing specialist responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including making sure we have all proper documentation, approving refunds, approving payment transactions, ACH Payment Processing, dispute resolution, and other functions as assigned.
· Timely and accurate billing to customers, including proofs of delivery and proper document storage
· Timely and accurate payment to vendors, including proper audit of documents
· Process all billing transactions
· Receive payments from customers, including applying payments in accounting software and management system for both checks received, ACH received, and credit cards received
· Schedule payments to vendors and pay according to vendor terms, for ACH, Credit Card, and check payments
· Print, Validate, and Mail customer refunds
· Interface with sales reps on customer inquiries
· Seek proper documentation and proofs of delivery from carriers
· Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Reconciliations
· This position reports to the Controller
· Knowledge of accounting principles and experience working in accounting operations
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, VLookups)
· Strong knowledge in Billing and Financial Concepts
· Results Driven person looking for a position where growth is expected
· Able to work in an Open Office, handle distractions, and multi-task
· Effective prioritization of duties
· Analytical skills required
· Ability to meet deadlines and exceed expectations
· Competitive drive
· Capable of making timely, independent decisions
· Able to work long days when needed and occasionally on weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma required
· Some work experience in accounting, with preference given to those in transportation industry
With an unwavering commitment to getting the job done for both our vehicle clients and transportation partners, it is clear that our “relationship first” belief system that is instilled at all levels of the RPM team brings honesty and integrity to every bid, shipment, and relationship we enter into. This way of doing business continues to inspire and motivate the RPM team and is recognized by our customers & carriers, and has become a driving force behind our rapid growth and success.
You will be an integral part of the company's future, and if you have the drive and determination to work hard and succeed at the pace our company is currently moving at, you will be rewarded with a great career and the opportunity for incredible success.
Role: Billing Specialist
Location: Royal Oak,
Apply for this job now.