HGV Class 1 Driver - Days
About the role:
Are you an experienced Class 1 Driver looking for your next opportunity? Are you looking for guaranteed hours and the option to work overtime?
We're looking for a number of HGV drivers that hold a C+E licence to join our team. You'll be undertaking the delivery & collection of product on behalf of Menzies Distribution Solutions Limited and its customers. You'll be providing a first class service with our team in Louth.
Based on a 50 hour week working Monday - Friday, this role will have a holiday allowance of 20 days plus bank holidays.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection / cleaning procedures in place
HGV Class 1 Driver Duties:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer's premises or other MDS locations.
- Delivering product on behalf of MDS and their customer
- Use of electronic P.O.D and up to date technology (full training will be given to ensure best practice)
- Assisting with loading and unloading
HGV Driver Requirements:
- A full UK C+E licence (essential)
- 12 months previous class 1 driving experience (desirable)
- Excellent driving skills
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- No previous disqualifications (DD,TT,DR,CD,IN)
- 'Right To Work' in the UK
- Good knowledge of drivers hours and WTD regulations
A little bit about us:
At Menzies Distribution, we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - we keep moving forwards.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' i