We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our awesome Cincinnati team! We are looking for Agilists who are skilled in helping teams and their organizations improve agility through the application of Scrum. In this role you will be responsible for providing effective facilitation, leadership, and coaching to support one or more self-organizing teams and their delivery of successful, high quality, valuable software solutions.
What Our Scrum Masters Do
- Help the team apply the Scrum Framework and principles of agility to the benefit of the team and organization
- Embody agility using a servant leadership approach and leading by example
- Coach the Product Owner and Development Team in effective Product Backlog management so that they have a common understanding of what is to be delivered, why it needs to be delivered, and what success looks like
- Help the team continuously improve their interactions, practices, and process through valuable inspect and adapt practices
- Help the team improve with facilitated conversations, metrics, feedback loops, and information radiators
- Coach the Development Team in self-organization, continuous improvement, cross-functionality, risk identification, dependency management, conflict resolution, and software craftsmanship
- Work with the Product Owner and Development Team to ensure the transparency of team artifacts, including the Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and product increment
- Coach others in the organization regarding Agile practices and impacts that actions have on the team and its self-organization (i.e. managers, stakeholders, Product Managers, Program Managers, etc.)
- Remove impediments that are preventing the team from accomplishing their goals. Help the team learn to identify dependencies, skill/knowledge gaps, and other impediments for their work
- Facilitate Scrum events and activities as necessary and ensure the team is realizing value from them (including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Retrospective and Backlog Refinement)
What We Look For
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team
- Solid understanding of the Scrum Framework and principles of agility
- Continuous learning regarding Agile, Scrum, coaching, facilitating, emotional intelligence, team dynamics, listening, etc.
- Deep understanding of all software lifecycle development disciplines - Project Management, Requirements Management, Analysis & Design, Quality Assurance & Testing, Implementation, Deployment, Configuration & Change Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience teaching and/or mentoring teams
- Experience communicating and removing impediments across an organization
- Proven leadership skills, specifically leading by example (servant leader)
- Scrum certification
Cardinal is a National IT Solutions Provider that delivers cutting-edge solutions, strategic guidance, and training to Fortune 500 companies in a wide variety of industries. Our solutions include Mobile, Cloud, Web, Social, IoT, Mixed Reality, Machine Learning, and Data. We also provide UX Design, Agile Enablement, Business Analysis, and Project Management.
Cardinal hires permanent, full-time employees and provides a great benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, 401K w/ match, paid vacation, paid holidays, PTO, training, and tuition & certification reimbursement. We have a great culture that has a lot of fun. And work/life balance actually means something at Cardinal!
We have over 500 full-time employees in eight locations: Cincinnati, Columbus, Charlotte, Raleigh, Nashville, Atlanta, St. Louis, and Tampa.
You must be legally entitled to work in the United States in order to apply for this position. Cardinal Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We do not use third-party contractors or staffing services, nor do we have remote/work-from-home opportunities. This position is in Cincinnati, OH.
Role: Scrum Master / Cincinnati
Apply for this job now.