We are hiring a Counter Sales Representative. The Counter Sales person isprimarily responsible for selling and promoting HVAC products in-person at the sales counter and/or over the phone. Quotes product prices on standard items, enters orders into computer system, and relays pertinent order information to the customer.
Founded in 1962, Hercules Industries is privately held and one of America's most efficient and dependable manufacturers and wholesale distributors of high-quality HVAC sheet metal products and equipment. Hercules, with corporate headquarters in Denver, CO, is one of the largest companies of its type in the Western and Midwestern United States, operating four manufacturing facilities and twenty sales and distribution centers in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Kansas and Texas.
Hercules Industries is ranked #1 in Colorado and #30 in the nation for all HVAC distributors in the Top 50 Distributors of 2017. We are ranked #10 by Coloradobiz in The Top 50 Family Owned Companies in Colorado 2017. Visit us at #removed# to learn more about our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Receives and processes requests directly from customer for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations. Determines customer needs and makes price quotations immediately on standard items. May offer substitute products where appropriate.
· Accumulates all necessary information to prepare quotations on special items and assists and coordinates efforts with other company personnel to deliver quotations on special items.
· Uses computer system to retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of purchase orders, and makes changes as needed. Enters orders accurately in the computer system in a timely manner. Ensures that correct codes are used for retrieving and inputting information.
· Follows up on orders by checking the computer system and with other departments for delivery information. Works closely to expedite delivery of scheduled shipments and communicates information to customer.
· Checks with credit department concerning credit status of customer for orders when the credit status is in question.
· Processes required information in the computer system to ensure accurate credit is given to customer for returned goods.
· Increases business by selling and promoting products to customers in addition to taking orders.
· Exhibits friendly and helpful attitude. Establishes and maintains customer relationships by solving customer problems, utilizing product knowledge to satisfy customer needs, and offering outstanding customer-focused service.
· May pull customer orders from inventory as needed.
· Participates in product meetings, seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain product knowledge.
· Excellent attendance and the ability to meet deadlines is required.
· Ability to work overtime as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge of HVAC parts and terminology
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Exhibits ability to consider all aspects of selling, including vendor relationships, profit and loss concepts and overall profitability goals of the branch.
· Qualified applicants must be customer oriented and motivated with excellent verbal communication skills and strong phone skills.
· Ability to analyze customer needs and to recommend the proper course of action.
· Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
· Must possess ability to keep abreast of product applications and technology trends.
· Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer needs.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral or written form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills.
ATTENDANCE DEMANDS: The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. or within normal business hours as established by the supervisor. Employee may be required to work overtime.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; walk and stand; use hands, handle, or feel; and required to speak, read, and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.
· This position may on occasion be exposed to extreme weather conditions that may affect a warehouse environment.
· This is a fast paced environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are an affirmative action employer. Age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision.
Hercules Industries is one of America's most efficient and dependable manufacturers and wholesale distributors of high-quality HVAC sheet metal products and equipment.
Role: Counter Sales HVAC Products and Equipment
Apply for this job now.