Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Vendor liaison on both purchasing and logistics side.
· Interface with shipping companies- including but not limited to UPS, FedEx, DHL, various freight lines.
· Coordinate shipping-including international.
· Quality Control on received inventory.
· Manage day to day purchases and processes.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with key vendors, including contract management, and supplier performance.
· Performs order follow up for timely delivery in support of schedule.
· Selects vendors, obtains and compares price quotations, negotiates terms, and awards contracts.
· Act as a liaison for purchasing and interact with other departments.
· Identify company savings programs and implement throughout the company.
· Maintain an organized professional manger when representing Scientel Solutions.
· Ability to work on tasks along with prioritizing work and managing deadlines.
· Can identify areas of deficiency in processes and employ resources to optimize.
· Effective communication skills.
· Strong team player, able to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
· Understands interactions that affect outcomes for problem-solving. Uses analytical abilities to distill complex issues into workable parts for themselves. Anticipates consequences of alternative options.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to interact with staff, vendors, other departments and senior management.
· Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Willingness to perform additional duties as requested or required.
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years in purchasing experience.
· Bachelors in: Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
Certifications, Licenses, and Additional Requirements:
· Some travel may be required.
· Must possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and comply with company motor vehicle policy.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. The position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Scientel Solutions is a diverse networking integration company supporting the dynamic and sophisticated needs of the communications industry. Headquartered in Lombard, Illinois, with other offices in Texas, New Jersey, and Hawaii, Scientel is your source for providing multi-site wireless communication systems to the private and public community. Our innovative team deploys secure solutions that increase communications, reduce overall costs and improve the ability to service our customers.
Role: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Apply for this job now.