This position is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
(1) Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
(2) Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
(3) Interface with all departments as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality construction, to support overall project schedule.
(4) Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems and conflicts to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
(5) Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, as-built drawings and material requirement calculations to supervisor.
(6) Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
(7) Prepare drawings, sketches, and calculations to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.
(8) Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
(9) Research historical data and productivity analysis reports to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
(10)Assist in representing company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
Education and Experience
(1) Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
(2) Minimum of 2 years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar, required.
(1) Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
(2) Experience using MS Project, Primavera P6, or similar for Project Scheduling
(3) Familiarity with HCSS HeavyBid, HCSS HeavyJob, and Bluebeam
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Northern Pacific Corporation
Northern Pacific Corporation is a general engineering contractor located in Northern California. The Company offers a competitive compensation package inclusive of a rich health and welfare benefits program that includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance. Further, the Company will be offering a retirement savings plan in fiscal 2018.
We at Northern Pacific Corporation are a family-focused company. Investing in our employees is one of the core pillars of the organization as we believe this investment creates a healthy, happy, and productive work environment.
The Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please visit #.
Northern Pacific Corporation is a general engineering contractor located in Northern California. The Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Role: Construction / Project Engineer
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.