Corr Recruitment are seeking workshop operatives for a site based in Fishponds, Bristol. Ideally you will be mechanically minded, be able to follow instructions and have an eye for detail this could be the job for you.
Main Purpose of Job:
You must be a positive team player with an aptitude for using a selection of hand tools
Including air drills, riveters, wrenches etc.
Need to be able to read dimensions from CAD drawings and follow instructions accurately to produce the product required.
Work involves manual handling and requires continuous periods of working on feet.
Good level of initiative needed as candidates will be expected to work on their own after initial training period.
Daily timesheets with allocations against tasks are an integral part of the role and operatives need the ability to work to set timescales.
Workshop environment requires an adherence to health and safety standards including the wearing of PPE.
Standard hours are 7.30am to 4.00 with overtime available after initial period.
- To assemble electrical assemblies from kits issued by the storeman.
- To assemble mechanical sub-assemblies from kits issued by the storeman.
- To combine electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies into completed product.
- To pack finished and tested product into specific packaging systems.
- To keep working area tidy and free from product and tools un-associated with the job in hand.
- To work at all times to relevant company processes and work instructions.
- To assist the storeman in the organisation and recording of stock items.
- To assist in the completion of despatch paperwork.
- To assist in the preparation of product document packaging.
- To assist the team leader in conducting product burn-in.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV or call Corr Recruitment on 0117 2141292
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £9.50 -£11.50 per hour DOE
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- assembly experience : (Preferred)
- mechanical experience (Preferred)