We are hiring for an exciting new role within a prestigious aerospace company in South Molton, EX36 3DW.
Job Role; Planner
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4:45pm Friday: 8am - 12pm .
Job Type: Full time Perm role
You will be responsible for maintaining delivery performance to both external and internal customers, ensuring that piece parts are launched to the shop floor in good time to meet all specified programs. You will also be tasked with the management of stock and WIP.
What your role as a Planner will include;
- Order book management and the provision of forecast dates
- Inventory Management and control
- MRP planning parameter maintenance
- Shipping of product to Customer (internal & external)
- Achieving OTD
- Product expediting through machine shop and assembly cells
- Co-ordinate supply chain both internally and externally
- Creating shipping lists
- Direct customer liaison (internal & external)
- Attend meetings and assist in setting plans and priorities for teams
- Acting upon information discussed and implemented during meetings
- Create reports to establish priority of workload and assemblies
- Develop & maintain close working relationship with purchasing to ensure continuity of external parts supply
- Assisting in stores responsibilities, including:-
- Issuing of parts against the appropriate material requests
- Receiving and checking components against incoming documentation
- Lean materials management and understand lean principles
What experience we are looking for in a Planner;
- Clear understanding of MRP systems and planning parameters
- Clear understanding of inventory control and supply chain management
- MFG-Pro knowledge advantageous but training will be given
- Knowledge of traceability processes
- Experience in Kanban systems
- Good communication and influencing skills required
- IT Literate - Microsoft office experience (Word/Excel, including ability to analyse data in MS Excel)
- Aerospace experience an advantage
What can we offer for the right candidate;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Free parking on site
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are important for us
Apply today if you feel you are the perfect candidate for the Planner role!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.