Primary Care Physician
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of your patients? Would you like to be an integral member of a professional medical team working to re-define how we treat chronic and complex pain?
If you’re passionate about helping people, are a board-certified physician with an interest in pain medicine, then we want you to join our team!
We are a rapidly growing consortium of Southern California trans-disciplinary healthcare clinics and we’re revolutionizing the way in which we treat patients who suffer from chronic and persistent pain.
The expertise of our providers runs the gamut from medical doctors, anesthesiologists and acupuncturists, to registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and clinical psychologists, to chiropractors, massage therapists and Yoga and Tai Chi instructors, all committed to making a difference in the lives of patients, together.
Often failed by other treatment models, our patients come to us at elevated risk, but through our whole-person care model, and a comprehensive, integrated, holistic, and compassionate approach to their treatment, we are achieving dramatically successful outcomes and restoring our patients’ quality of life.
If this sounds like you, and your future patients, we invite you to join our team!
Under the direction of the CMO, delivers primary care and supervises mid-levels and clinical support staff. Provides continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to assigned patients regardless of sex, age, or type of problem. Practices medicine; diagnoses and treats illness and injury; performs minor surgery and completes physical examinations; counsels and instructs patients; provides professional supervision of mid-level providers; instructs and educates trainees and/or staff; assists in public relations efforts. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population and within the scope of his/her specialty and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides in-service staff training in selected topics as deemed necessary by the CMO.
- Prepares and reviews medical histories and obtains data through interviews.
- Maintains detailed, legible and confidential medical records after each patient visit in accordance with established protocols.
- Codes encounter forms according to time of the visit, procedures performed and pertinent ICD-codes.
- Assists in internal quality control audits.
- Participates in peer review.
- Provides supervision in case assignment to mid-level providers, including sign off on charts.
- Supervises the services provided by medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by company.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with Company standards of care as well as all policies and procedures.
- Follows Company Standards of Customer Service Behavior.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) Initiatives.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the CMO.
- Provides quality care to the patients of Company, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law and understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care.
- Must be capable of meeting the established productivity standards.
- Participates in after hour calls as scheduled.
- Maintains a program of comprehensive health for the assigned patient population, to include Team Based Care to deliver preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- Examines patients, formulates differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interprets examination findings and test results and implements treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Follows established guidelines when referring patients out for needed specialty or diagnostic care.
- Instructs patients in their proper care and treatment alternatives and instructs/supervises medical support staff as needed.
- Company providers are not to leave the clinic site with patients left unseen or untreated unless other treatment/care plans have been established.
- Meets Company Clinical Performance Measures (UDS and HEDIS measures).
- Contributes to Company's Health Home (HH) program, a model of Team Based primary care delivery designed to strengthen the patient‐clinician relationship, focus on the person and patient self-management and engagement, by providing comprehensive and coordinated care in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to practice medicine and surgery by evidence of graduation from a class an accredited School of Medicine with the degree of M.D. or D.O.
- Demonstrated ability to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California by evidence of a current valid license.
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe controlled substances by evidence of a current valid Federal Controlled Substances Registration Certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gynecologic, preventive care: Pap smears, BSE, contraception, STD prevention and treatment, and ability to perform pelvic examinations and participate in the management of family planning.
- Demonstrated ability to practice emergency medicine; to perform minor surgery and wound care; to record in a neat, orderly, and logical manner, history, examination, treatment plan, and other information relative to patient care; and to supervise and provide consultation to Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and other health care providers
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Current State of California M.D. or D.O.
- Board Certified in a Primary Care discipline.
- Current valid Federal Controlled Substance Registration Certificate.
- All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Possession of the X license or willingness to obtain this license and provide Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for patients with Substance Use Disorder within a Team Based MAT program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English (preferable).
Who we are:
We are a pain management company that specializes in a multi-disciplinary approach to pain. We are a group of passionate physicians ranging from Anesthesiologists, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and Physical Therapists. Not only are we passionate about what we do, but why we do it, which is to help people that are in pain and change their quality of life for the better.
We are paving the way to modern medicine and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference. Candidates should excel in fast paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in pain management. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available.
Role: Primary Care Physician
Apply for this job now.