Desalitech is looking for an experienced, skilled and energetic PLC programmer for our engineering team based in Newton, MA. Working with us you will develop and support PLC and HMI software of worlds most advanced RO Desalination technology serving large F500 companies worldwide.
- Write and Modify PLC code (mostly Siemens and Allen-Bradley based PLC)
- Participate in RO unit testing and commissioning (mostly in the USA and South America)
- Working with process engineers on system logic and sequence of operation
- Ongoing support of existing customers
- At least 2 years of experience with PLCs like Siemens S7+WinCC / TIA Portal and/or Allen-Bradley (Series 500/5000) + RS View
- Basic experience with industrial automation and process control (experience in water treatment industry will be an advantage)
- Familiarity with plants startups, IO testing, troubleshooting of simple control loops, troubleshooting process instruments
- Familiarity with reading electrical drawings
- Experience in MODBUS, TCP/IP protocols
- Excellent communication and service awareness skills.
- This Job requires frequent traveling abroad and high response time (sometimes during nonconventional hours due to different time zones of customers)
- Competitive salary and company options
- A fun workplace and team with unique challenges every day
- Opportunity to help the water industry’s most innovative company solve one of the world’s most pressing problems
More About Desalitech:
The world is running out of the available water, infrastructures are aging and awareness is building. All these macro drivers are aligning in favor of high-efficiency water treatment, reuse, and desalination. Today the leading technology that addresses those challenges is old, inherently inefficient, and not very reliable.
Desalitech’s disruptive and patented water purification and reuse product line greatly reduces treatment costs while streamlining & stabilizing customers’ operations. Since opening its US offices in 2013, Desalitech has helped companies including Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, Archer Daniels Midland, Southern California Edison, and other Fortune 500 companies save significant amounts of water, energy, and money. In that process, it has built a stellar team and won major industry awards, including the “Breakthrough Water Tech Company of the Year 2016.”
Role: PLC Programmer
Apply for this job now.