Company: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Inhouse Data Protection Legal Counsel Opportunity in Surrey
Your new company
My client is one of the largest Electronics and Technology Multi-international Companies, this role is based in Surrey.
Your new role
- advising on applicable data protection issues arising in relation to EO projects, agreements and initiatives with our marketing, customer services, HR and products teams;
- advising and working on relevant data protection structures to ensure data protection compliance across Europe;
- analysing and working on data protection impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments to assist the business comply with documentation requirements under law;
- advising and working on rights requests under the GDPR;
- continuous development of internal data protection guidance, policies and procedures for all divisions and assisting senior legal counsel with compliance audits;
- assisting with research on legal issues, case law and legislative developments;
- providing training to the business on compliance matters;
- liaising with Supervisory Authorities as necessary, providing hands-on expertise on privacy and data governance and advising and working on incident reporting and investigations;
- assisting with the provision of practical guidance to the business on policies and procedures and providing scalable written guidance to teams on how data privacy applies to our products and services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor in England& Wales
- 1-3 Years PQE
- Training Contract from Top Tier Law Firm (City Firms or National Reputable Law Firms will be preferred)
- Strong Data Protection Knowledge and Experience
- Inhouse Experiences will be preferred
What you'll get in return
Great Company Brand and Cultural, Supportive Team, Good Company Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.