We are seeking 2 x Teaching Assistants who are looking for work in April. As a Teaching Assistant you will be working within the class to support the class teacher with their lessons, you will be working alongside a team of support staff in class, and you will be working on a 1-1 basis with SEN students. You may also be required to assist teachers going off site to deliver Outdoor Education such as Rock Climbing, Paddle Boarding, Sailing etc. The school is based in Runcorn and is both easily accessible via public transport or car.
- have experience working within a school setting
- have experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties including ADHD, SEMH and ASC
- have experience in Sports/Physical Education/Outdoor Education
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant in a special needs school
- Have the ability to engage pupils in their learning and support them in their social, emotional and personal wellbeing
The successful candidate must:
- be nurturing and enthusiastic
- have some kind of sports background/experience
- have experience working with children or SEN
- be enthusiastic and positive
- be resilient
- be confident working with challenging behaviour
Working as a Teaching Assistant for Teaching Personnel offers the following benefits:
- Specialist Recruitment Consultant dedicated to finding you work
- Flexible work in schools local to you
- Access to our CPD Academy
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly Pay (£10 per hour)
- Refer a Friend Scheme
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.