Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Bethesda, MD, and expand your professional portfolio. Enviva is seeking a Director, Project Development capable of simultaneously leading multiple greenfield development projects. The Director, Project Development will report to Envivaâ€™s Executive Vice President, Corporate Development & General Counsel. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, and provide immediate value to the Corporate Development team.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva's wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva's goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health insurance coverage, including dental and vision
- Relocation assistance
- MBA from a top university
- Bachelor's degree in science or Engineering (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in project development, preferably in energy, wood products, or other heavy industries
- Demonstrated commercial contract negotiation experience
- Experience with strategic planning (preferred)
- Strong leadership experience and ability to work with colleagues across multiple disciplines and in geographically dispersed locations
- Proficient ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient process and results orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation and communication skills, oral and written
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to ethical business practices
- Curiosity to learn technical aspects of pellet production and logistics
- Ability to adapt to change within a rapidly growing company
- Develop strategy for, source, and execute greenfield development projects in North America
- Lead transactions and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including joint venture partners, government officials, and project partners
- Lead greenfield project development activities, including site selection and control, permitting, conceptual project design, and hand-off to company's construction team
- Lead commercial negotiations on land transactions, logistics providers (e.g., rail, marine terminals, trucking, barging), and government incentive programs
- Manage day-to-day activities of large, cross-functional development and diligence teams
- Provide regular status reports and present major decision points to executive management team and joint venture partners
- Analyze new markets and commercial opportunities
- Lead research and synthesis of results into actionable business plans and analysis
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.
Role: Enviva - Director, Project Development
Apply for this job now.