Male PE SEND Support Worker
£65 - £80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: 5 days minimum school based experience
Vision For Education are seeking male PE support workrs with experience working with Children with special Educational Needs to join our team from November 2020. Offering both day to day and long term teaching placements, Vision for Education can work around your personal circumstances.
The role of a PE support worker is to work within a Special Need School with Children with a variety of Special Education Needs such as Autism, ASD, Speech Language and communication needs, SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health issues), EBD (Emotional behavioural difficulties) and challenging behaviour across all key stages mainly practical but some theory based work also. This role requires a committed, enthusiastic and resilient individual, with great communication skills that has experience working with children with complex needs.
The successful support worker will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach in all they do, which should be at the forefront of your values also.
All of the schools that Vision for Education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs.
To be considered for the SEND Support position, you will:
• Ideally have previous experience of working with students with EHCP's
• 2 school based performance references within the last 2 years
• Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
• Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from y