Laser Systems Operator / LEOT / Engineering Technician (17356BR)
How to Apply
We invite interested applicants to visit our website, #removed#-support.com/careers. When applying to open positions, create a profile, and tailor your resume to the specific position(s) you are interested in.
For questions, please contact Cyra Canonigo at #removed#
AIS, LLC a premier subcontractor to Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC in Livermore, CA has an opening for Laser Electro-Optic Technician/Laser Systems Operator in the National Ignition Facility (NIF) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). Under minimal supervision, the Laser Electro-Optic Technician/Laser Systems Operator will provide intermediate technical support in the fabrication, assembly, installation, activation and operation of complex laser-electro-optical and mechanical systems. Primary responsibilities include providing laser system operations and maintenance support of the NIF. Other responsibilities may involve providing testing, data acquisition/recording/interpretation and diagnostic support as required. Interactions will be with project leaders, technicians, designers and engineers.
- Assemble, align, test and document complex experimental laser - systems involving Nd:YAG Lasers, CW and pulsed lasers, diagnostic and control instrumentation and associated electro-optic hardware
- Support the setup, operation and maintenance of a large complex laser facility, including the configuration, execution and data acquisition of complex laser plasma interaction experiments
- Assist with identify associated optical components as well as beam diagnostic assemblies to solve a variety of engineering problems associated with laser and diagnostic systems
- Assist with set-up, align and debug optical systems in the solution of opto-mechanical problems
- Assist with design, specification, assembly integration, operation, maintenance, data gathering and documentation of complex optical and laser systems and experiments
- Working with large computer control system, through a graphical user interface, to operate and maintain a large, complex laser experimental facility
- Interact with project leaders to determine priorities, schedules and manpower requirements
- Develop and document system operation and test procedures
- Will provide adjustments using Graphic User Interfaces (GUI’s)
- Follow and adhere to written, operational and safety procedures in the course of completing job assignments
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ESH&Q, Security and business practice requirements and policies
- May occasionally work in Beryllium contaminated areas
- May work in areas where respirator use may be required
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- AA in Laser and Electro-Optics, Mechanical or Electrical Technologies or an equivalent combination of 2+ years of education and experience related to the essential skills, knowledge, and abilities below.
- Experience with laser electro-optical diagnostic instrumentation used in a scientific research laboratory (oscilloscopes, interferometers, spectrometers, photometers, etc.)
- Experience with moderately complex optical systems
- Experience with optical components such as lenses, mirrors, polarizers and waveplates
- Experience using computer control and data acquisition systems
- Extensive knowledge of the operating principals of lasers, electronics, mechanical design/fabrication and/or opto-mechanical mechanisms
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to learn technical background using computer control and data acquisition systems or similar large system
- Ability to recognize and decipher technical data
- Understanding of remote control of opto-mechanical devices using computer based systems or remote hardware
- Ability to adapt to system changes, upgrades and processes to complete experiments
- Must be able to use a respirator, work in confined spaces, lift and push 50 pounds, use portable ladders, and work from various heights
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience in laser alignment, laser beam spatial, temporal and spectral characterization, optical, opto-mechanical and electro-optical design
- Experience designing opto-mechanical components or systems
- Experience performing experiments in a complex research laboratory
- Experience with operation and maintenance of vacuum systems
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Role: Laser Systems Operator / LEOT / Engineering Technician
Apply for this job now.