Job Title- Developer Location, Full-Time/Part-Time- Full-Time Department " Insurance Services and BPO Organization
: Enterprise Technology & Experience
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we're looking to hire a senior developer to join our client services and call center technology team.Why we need you.
We're growing and our clients deserve the best. As a developer you'll have an opportunity to work with and support our Claims organization to integrate and configure a claims administration software as a service (SaaS) platform. In addition the role will support a number of applications that provide a high level of support across various business processes. These applications are critical in the further development of robotics and automation. The position creates the opportunity of learning new technology solves as some of the applications shift to more strategic paths.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness. What success looks like.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Work closely with business areas showing agility to delivery
- Develop specifications of extremely complex software programming applications.
- Responsible for components of an application or the overall operating system or complex sub-systems, such as sophisticated file management routines, large telecommunications networks, and administrative and statistical software packages, performance evaluation and enhancements.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of software programming while working on own most of the time.
The skills that make you a great fit.
- Analyze and develop specifications for the enhancement, maintenance and problem solving for the most complex applications or operating system (s).
- Provide in-depth consulting to IT management and staff at the highest technical level in the identification and resolution of an application or the overall operating system(s) problems or difficulties.
- Analyze existing product and recommends modifications, which will enhance operating capacity and meet business requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the staff in the installation and testing of new operating system releases and in fine-tuning of existing systems.
- Must have strong experience in developing with the following:
- API Gateway
- AWS Batch
- .NET, ASP.NET
- Additional skills preferred:
- SOAP / REST Web Services, XML, JSON
- Java Apache Struts Framework
- Sybase SQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- VeraStream Host Integrator (VHI)
Why Join Us.
- Knowledge of Mainframe applications
- Experience collaborating with a team of programmers with varying skill sets
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work directly with business partners
- Testing: experience with various testing systems
- Experience with technical writing for any of these types of documentation:
- Troubleshooting/How-To articles
- Reference material
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Does this sound like a great fit? Apply today!
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status. - provided by Dice