The position is responsible for the Districts financial management/accounting activities and functions, audit governmental tracking and support the Chief Financial Officer in the oversight of the Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides development and interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or other financial regulations.
- Oversees the preparation of audit work-papers supporting the annual external audit process, including drafting of the required annual Management Discussion and Analysis report.
- Supervises the accounting for and preparation of reports in conjunction with Federal, State, and Local grant assistance programs awarded to the District.
- Prepare end of year Working Trial Balances for the Districts grants.
- Prepares journal vouchers for the reallocation of payroll costs to other grants.
- Compiles regular monthly financial statements, statistical reports and analysis, special reports and analyses.
- Assist in the development of automated systems used to accumulate, track and report financial transactions.
- Performs analysis of financial transactions being considered by the District upon request.
- Reviews and evaluates regulatory compliance rules and establishes compliance procedures as required.
- Assists with budgeting, audit, accounting for the District.
- Responsible for assisting with the planning and preparation of annual budgets.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing the use of a financial fiscal and accounting database and system programming for the division within the District.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Advises management regarding compliance requirements and develops programs as necessary to achieve compliance with the regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the work of clerical/fiscal employees engaged in preparing and maintaining ledgers and budgetary control accounts.
- Work with external Auditors on the annual audit.
- Work with the CFO in planning and preparing the annual financial statements.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
B.S. degree in accounting; Five (5) to seven (7) years of accounting, governmental financial accounting, grant accounting or related business administration experience which included budgeting preparation, analysis and forecasting experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the specific requirements may be substituted.
Must have valid Florida driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
· Thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of governmental accounting principles and procedures related to GASB.
· Ability to prepare financial reports and statements in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Knowledge of financial systems and procedures.
· Ability to analyze and solve a wide variety of complex financial transactions and reports.
· Ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
· Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
· PC literate, advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research.
· Ability to learn the computer software associated with position.
· Must be a self-starter; able to work independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively with management, internal staff and external vendors.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, peers, various County and City employees, customers, and the general public.
· Uses sound, independent judgment in daily work activities and exercises discretion; has strong ethical standards.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
This job is usually performed in a normal office environment. Must be physically able to lift and carry 20-25 lbs. infrequently.
StaffBuildersHR is a recruiting and staffing agency committed to providing an exceptional staffing experience for our clients by offering superior customer service and highly trained individuals. StaffBuildersHR focus is to create the perfect fit between our clients and employees.
StaffBuildersHR remains faithful to our clients as we continue to offer relevant, unique and sustainable services. We know that each assignment and individual deserves a committed approach from the StaffBuildersHR team. We are your HR business partner.
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for an outstanding job opportunity or seeking your next career move, please complete the application process and submit your resume. A member of our recruiting team will follow-up with you in a timely manner based on your skills and qualifications. StaffBuildersHR is dedicated to providing you with the right tools and opportunities to lead you to success.
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job and meet client expectations. This position is eligible for participation in our Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401(k) plans.
Role: Senior Accountant
Apply for this job now.