The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here. Job Title
Sr. IT SOX AuditorJob Description
Brink's is a premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Sr. IT SOX Auditor.Job Summary:
As part of Brinks Global IT SOX Team, the Sr. IT SOX Auditor will primarily be responsible for independently evaluating the design and effectiveness of Brink's key IT controls for financial reporting (ICFR) in our US and international locations as part of the enterprise SOX 404 assessment. Additionally, this position will identify and assess risks to the company's IT processes and systems, execute audits, communicate results to management, and help identify process improvements. The individual will work under general direction of the Sr. IT SOX Manager and work closely with members of the IT department and external auditors. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the Manager and Sr. IT SOX Manager with the development of the annual SOX testing plan .
- Assist the Manager and Sr. IT SOX Manager with updating the risk control matrix and testing attributes based on any changes in regulations, governance, or best practices.
- Perform walkthroughs to verify the design of the control
- Perform detailed testing to ensure controls are operating effectively.
- Prepare reports of walkthrough and testing status
- Assist finance team with testing of key reports, application controls, and interfaces upon request.
- Assist the Manager and Sr. IT SOX Manager in documenting and reporting control deficiencies upon discussion with business owners, collaborating with business owners regarding recommendations to address the root cause of issues, and reporting on the status of implementation of management remedial actions.
- Assist the Manager and Sr. IT SOX Manager on exposure testing and compensating control assessment on identified deficiencies.
- Assist in the documentation of IT processes and documenting flow charts.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with IT departments at various Brink's locations, the external auditors and internal IT Compliance Team.
- Maintain professional certifications and related educational requirements as well as assist the Manager and Sr. IT SOX Manager on ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related Degree
- 3-6 years of experience in an IT audit department of a larger public company or public firm with a focus on information technology audits
- Broad knowledge of IT internal audit, internal controls and risk management
- SOX implementation/ process improvement experience
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- CISA or other relevant certifications
- Bilingual - Spanish/French preferred
- Experience at a big 4 firm
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Solutions oriented
- Good organizational skills and planning
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud. What's Next?
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.