A national leading engineering company is looking for a Group Leader to join their growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey!
Our candidate of choice will direct daily production needs and expedite the flow of work and materials within an established work area according to production schedule and quality requirements to meet OTD goals while continuing to contribute to production tasks on a regular basis.
- Performs duties by verbal or written instructions.
- Understands item numbers and OSK information to ensure proper assembly was performed.
- Works with Supervisor, Planners, other Group Leaders, etc. in scheduling daily production and directing employees in their daily job requirements to maintain quality and OTD goals following the Standard Work.
- Uses SyteLine and other methods as needed to monitor and track open demand, output and materials.
- Holds daily huddles with each work cell within area of responsibility to review daily plan and any information updates.
- Fills in for other Group Leaders when needed, must be aware of support needed in all area processes.
- Oversees production area in Supervisor’s absence and reports any production issues to Manufacturing Manager as needed for assistance.
- Trains, cross trains and works to Standard Work procedures where available; contributes to developing standard work where needed.
- Contributes to production tasks on a regular basis to meet daily goals.
- Communicates with maintenance and engineering support as needed for current needs; is proactive with assessing and communicating future requirements for the area.
- Reviews throughout the shift all day by the hour sheets, production and/or materials issues and provides status information to the Supervisor and takes action to keep on schedule.
- Participates and leads change in all operational improvement activities.
- Helps full time and contract workers understand Omega policies and procedures. Brings issues to area supervisor if there are concerns or violations.
- Prioritizes practice of 6S safety and housekeeping policies throughout all areas.
- Ensures proper PPE equipment is available and being used when required.
- Good communication skills and ability to understand verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to lead, direct work of and train others.
- Must be a good team player and have ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and understand dimensions on drawings.
- Must have a working understanding of computers and be able to demonstrate ability to learn.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to multitask and handle interruptions to support operators.
- HS Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Math skills relating to dimensions and inventory levels
- Minimum 3 years past production experience required
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Role: Group Leader – Production
Apply for this job now.