Modular Cabin Fitter / Repair & Maintenance Operative, Based: Iver, Buckinghamshire, Salary: Up to £13.06ph + Excellent benefits and career development.
Key words: Facilities Maintenance, Property Maintenance, Property Repair, Construction Worker, Multi-Skilled Builder, Skilled Labourer, Cabin Fitter, Fabricator, Welder
We have an opportunity for a Modular Cabin Fitter / Repair & Maintenance Operative to join the market leading provider of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings and associated products. The depot operation stores and prepares the units ready for hire or sale, refurbishing and modifying as required.
The role: The company's Repair & Maintenance Operatives / Cabin Fitters are multi-skilled and carry out a variety of tasks every day whilst refurbishing the fleet of cabins (wood, plastic and steel) for hire. Full training and the opportunity to develop your skills will be available. Once fully trained, you may be involved in;
- Fitting and removal of partitions, floors, ceilings & other fittings
- Cleaning units or preparing furniture for the units
- Preparation, shot blasting and painting both interior and exterior paintwork
- Completing basic plumbing or electrical work (PAT Testing); installing sinks, taps, worktops, water heaters, hand dryers etc.
- Use of use a B1 Forklift or Power Pallet Truck or Low Loader Picker to move units and items.
- Fit door locks and cut keys and perform basic uncoded welding
- Lay vinyl floor coverings
- Cut a window/door panel from a blank panel and repair window roller shutters
- All other general maintenance, repair, assembly and fitting work as required.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience in similar or relevant role would be highly desirable e.g. Facilities Maintenance, Property Maintenance, Property Repair, Construction Worker, Multi-Skilled Builder, Skilled Labourer, Cabin Fitter, engineer, fabricator welder.
- To have a good mix of general maintenance skills including the use of power tools
- You would need to have a willingness to learn; the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team; a flexible approach to work and working hours (including regular overtime).
- Certificates in MPBA or ECA, Abrasive Wheels, COSH, Manual handling would be beneficial to have but training will be given
If this sounds like the opportunity, you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Key words: Property Maintenance, Property Repair, Construction Worker, Facilities Maintenance, Multi-Skilled Builder, skilled Labourer, window fitter, engineer, fabricator welder, cabin fitter