SHARE THIS JOB
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
What you will do:
The Service Manager Truck Based position is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Responsible for Service customer account leadership, including Labor and Material growth and execution of the Service business, for the team’s customer base. Drives profitability and productivity of the team. Manages customer relationship development and satisfaction. Responsible for employee development and retention. Responsible for safety program compliance.
How you will do it:
- Sets and monitors goals for customer account gross margin delivery and profitability, including PSA and L&M work. Drives L&M growth through Technicians and Team Leads. Provides input to the Area business plan.
- Leads the execution efforts of assigned Service business. Ensures consistency of delivery systems through supervision and audits of Technicians, Customer Service Agent, Customer Service Agent Assistant in the delivery of quality service to customers.
- Approves all L&M quotations from above assigned threshold.
- Responsible for service response to warranty-related customer issues.
- Manages the assigned customer relationships and drives issue resolution.
- Manages team budget and overhead accounts as assigned.
- Coordinates with Branch Sales, Installation Manager, GWS, and Solutions to drive overall customer account profitability.
- Maintains proper staffing levels for the team, through labor forecasting, planning, and management.
- Approves time sheets for direct reports, and performs all other necessary management tasks related bookings, Accounts Payables and Account Receivable. .
- Responsible for safety performance and program compliance.
- Accountable for procuring and maintaining fleet and tools inventory.
- Recruits, hires, and retains Technicians, Customer Service Agents, and Customer Service Agent Assistants. Works with direct reports and Team Technical Leads to create effective development plans and tracks training performance. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations and performance reviews for direct reports.
- Continually networks within the industry.
What we look for:
- Associate Degree in electronic or mechanical systems, or equivalent plus seven years of experience in the HVAC and/or building controls systems. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Work requires one or two years of prior experience in directing or leading the work of others.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with employees and customers in difficult situations.
- Possesses basic accounting and business principles.
- Able to lead and direct diverse teams.
- Demonstrated competence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to positively represent Johnson Controls and communicate with others at varying technical levels.
- Able to use service management software and financial accounting systems. Demonstrated proficiency in MS office products, and basic Windows environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external clients.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
Role: HVAC Service Manager
Apply for this job now.