Votze Butler Associates, Inc., a general contracting and project management firm focusing on commercial interior construction, is conducting a search for a Construction Field Superintendent. Reporting to the Vice President of Project Management, this position will be responsible for:
· Coordinate construction resources with project management and corporate goals.
· Provide leadership, mentorship to field staff; conduct monthly foreman's meetings, subcontractor meetings and site safety meetings emphasizing corporate safety culture, goals and quality assurance.
· Oversee the organization, planning and scheduling of project initiatives for adherence to strict schedules, budgetary requirements, and quality specifications. Ability to read, produce, modify and execute project schedules in Microsoft Project is required.
· Read and understand technical details of plans and specs.
· Ensure that subcontractors are meeting schedule deadlines and budgetary constraints. Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of subcontractors and suppliers and take corrective action when necessary.
· Coordinate the work on site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary.
· Communicate with Project Manager all relevant changes made at the construction site as well as any other material changes that will be required for reporting in connection with the final as-built plan and covered by general contact change orders and subcontract change orders.
· A professional commercial construction superintendent who will travel, present well, and who can harmoniously communicate with diverse teams, including building owners, co-workers, subcontractors and industry trades
· The successful candidate will possess desired qualities such as problem solving skills, industry knowledge, reliability, and professionalism with strong construction experience
· Minimum of 10 years construction experience and at least 5 years of field supervision managing subcontractors and employees in a commercial construction environment
· Ability to handle multiple projects in the $10K to $500K range and single projects in the $1M-$10M range
· Thorough knowledge of construction related computer software to include MS Project, Sage 100 Contractor, Procore or other construction software is preferred
· MA Construction Supervisor's License is required
Votze Butler Associates was established in 2000 to provide General Contracting and Project Management to the commercial real estate community and its tenants. Over the years, our reputation has allowed us the opportunity to work with some of the most recognized names in technology, banking, and retail.
Our core business comes from repeat clients and their recommendations to potential new customers. Since our founding, the VBA edict has been unwavering. We made a commitment to our clients to practice honesty and lend value to their construction projects, no matter the size.
VBA collaborates with all stakeholders--architects, engineers, owners, and tenants--during the planning stages and throughout the entire project. Our projects include building retrofit programs and tenant improvements, along with design services. Each project has the personalized attention of a dedicated Project Manager that owns the project from start to finish--ensuring timely and quality results.
We make safety our highest priority, with specific site-safe plans, workplace safety programs and a common sense approach to all projects. Every VBA employee receives OSHA ten (10) hour certified training, ensuring the safest workplace possible for clients, subcontractors, and employees.
Guaranteeing quality workmanship is possible only through the high standards that in-house and subcontractor teams deliver to our clients, on every project. That's our promise.
Role: Construction Field Superintendent
Apply for this job now.