Our client is seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk to join their team of professionals. This is a Full Time, Direct Hire position based in Irvine, CA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position reports to the Project Accounting Manager and is responsible for general project accounting duties including project setup/maintenance, project health reviews, client billing, revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and management reports. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Highly desirable to have a minimum of 3-5 years experience with a mid-sized professional services organization with project (revenue) accounting duties. Must be proficient with general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable. Be prepared to respond to multi-task job schedule for daily routine, and work with a team approach to accomplish project work. Must handle confidential information in a highly sensitive manner. Proficient with Windows, Word, Excel, accounting software, email, order processing, database software. Must have professional appearance and maintain proper business etiquette.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Project contract review
- Project set-up in accounting system, liaising with PM regarding budget / phase set up
- Prepare client fee and expense invoices, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Maintaining contract paperwork and files, maintaining invoice, aging A/R, change orders, vendor/subcontractor documents and other specified logs for project tracking.
- Review project WIP, revenue, backlog, budget variances, and profitability
- Lead project health reviews with project managers and senior leaders
- Lead and coordinate collection efforts with Senior Leaders and Project Managers. Initiates stop work procedures and third-party collections efforts to minimize company exposure
- Post cash received and send notification to relevant parties, logging and reporting details weekly
- Responsible for billing and cash flow projections
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the Project Accounting Manager and/or Corporate Controller.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Christine Garcia at 949-349-4220, #removed#
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Role: Project Accountant
Apply for this job now.