The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk (AP/AR Clerk) is responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable records. This position works in a team environment for a leading regional nonprofit.
The following lists primary job requirements.
- A/P invoice matching filing, vendor invoices and disbursement filing.
- A/R - process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and assist with collection of past due balance.
- Answers vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable/accounts receivable reports, spreadsheets and corporate AP/AR files.
- Assists with G/L account reconciliations and month-end closing.
- Assists corporate financial officers and branch personnel as necessary.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and copying.
- Other duties, as assigned.
These are the minimum requirements for this position.
- Thorough understanding of basic bookkeeping and A/P & A/R principals.
- Experience working in an organization with multiple operational sites.
- Accounting experience using QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a busy office environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work as a member of a professional fiscal team.
Some college-level accounting coursework preferred, though an accounting certificate or degree is preferred.
Successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Non-profit experience is desirable, but not required.
CFS is a leading, employee-owned accounting and financial staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting & finance professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
Role: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.