Direct hire position with our automotive client:
OBD Calibration Engineer:
Apply engineering principles and data analysis techniques to develop and calibrate heavy-duty on-highway diesel engine diagnostic strategies for the purpose of meeting CARB Heavy-Duty OBD regulations. The scope of responsibility includes understanding and interpreting OBD regulatory requirements, processing and organizing data for analysis, maintaining and completing related DVP&R, and performing calibration and validation of diagnostic monitors.
• Define requirements for diagnostic monitoring strategies based on the interpretation of the OBD regulations
• Create and optimize diagnostic algorithms used to monitor engine emissions control systems as required by the OBD regulations
• Create, maintain, and/or execute test plans, and lead related activities, to fulfill requirements contained within the diagnostic monitor Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
• Calibrate OBD monitors to meet targets dictated by CARB OBD regulations and by Daimler performance criteria
• Assess monitor performance by reviewing data gathered in performance test cells, engineering vehicles, and reliability growth fleets
• Develop and apply statistical techniques to aid in the validation of diagnostic performance
• Plan, execute, and document tests as needed to calibrate and validate OBD monitors
• Optimize diagnostic strategies through simulation and analysis activities
• Participate in local and global design reviews of diagnostic system features related to the monitoring strategy of the emissions control system.
• Focus on continuously improving methods, tools, process, etc. used regularly on the job
• Analyze and provide creative, technically-feasible solutions to problems encountered in validation and production.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or mechanical Engineering required. Master degree preferred.
• Familiarity with US EPA/CARB OBD regulations
• Experience developing and/or calibrating on-board diagnostics (OBD) strategies for combustion engines
• Experience with engine calibration methods and techniques
• Fundamental understanding of diesel engine operation and/or design
• Familiarity with industry-standard calibration tools
• Experience preparing technical presentations
Contact: Rashmi Upadhyaya
Role: OBD Calibration Engineer
Apply for this job now.