Can you write excellent grant applications? Do you get excited about winning funding for an amazing charity? Do you know what it takes to bid for new funding streams?
If so, this will be the perfect role for you.
As Grants Officer, in this exciting new role you'll support all aspects of grant applications, collaborating with colleagues and our partners to develop and execute engaging applications to a range of funders in order to support the work with our client groups.
You will have a particular focus on identifying funding opportunities and writing high quality compelling applications to generate additional income for the charity.
Role type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Whiston (Rotherham)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (9am-5pm Monday to Friday)
Benefits: 29 days holiday, generous pension and health care scheme
- Secure income through funding applications to a range of large and small scale funders.
- Write high quality, compelling applications that are submitted on time and in line with funder requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop applications for funding and compile high quality content that is realistic, deliverable, and appropriately budgeted.
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the preparation, planning and management of the funding applications.
- Develop information and guidance for internal and external stakeholders that supports the funding application process.
- Build and maintain relationships with funders to develop an understanding of the charity's work.
- Identify new and existing funding opportunities that meet organisational priorities.
- Maintain accurate monitoring and recording of data to evidence performance.
- Undertake any necessary administrative tasks that support the efficient and compliant management of grants including updating the charity's database.
- Produce reports for a range of internal and external stakeholders including the charity's management teams, and any external funders who may require this.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of relevant marketing and communication activity that helps to promote funding opportunities and highlights the success of any funding secured.
- Represent the organisation at events and meetings as required.
- Participate in personal development opportunities including any mandatory training relevant to role and take responsibility for identifying any further training or development that may be necessary.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Experience of writing compelling, high quality funding applications to secure income from a range of funders.
- Experience of developing applications to major funders such as National Lottery, Sport England, central government and local authorities as well as smaller grants and trusts.
- Knowledge of various funders and ability to analyse and assess which opportunities are appropriate to consider.
- Skilled at presenting complex project information in a clear and engaging way.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal with the ability to produce concise, persuasive and engaging narrative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and encouraging this in others.
- Confidence to represent the organisation with partner agencies, funders and colleagues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of and ability to use IT systems including Outlook, Microsoft Office, SharePoint.
- Ability to be self-motivated, with excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
- A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Flexibility to travel when required with occasional overnight stays if necessary.
If you're ready to take on this exciting role and make a meaningful impact through grant funding, we'd like to hear from you. For more information on this role please contact Keeran @ Moxie People.