We are urgently seeking an additional Teaching Assistant, to work with pupils with complex behavioural difficulties i.e. ADHD, SEMH. The position will start ASAP, subject to passing our thorough vetting checks.
This position could be full-time or part-time, however please be aware that the role is initially temporary, and we cannot guarantee work. If available full-time, you would be welcome to apply for a permanent post at the school following an initial introductory period with Teaching Personnel.
Your role will involve the following:
- Supporting schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher.
- Preparing learning resources.
- Encouraging children's confidence, self-esteem, and independence.
- Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating.
- Putting into practice individual education, social, behavioural, and personal care programmes.
- Encouraging children to communicate with one another and with staff.
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers.
- Supporting children in social activities and on outings.
- Assisting children during therapy sessions.
- Recognising signs of distress in children and offering reassurance.
- Attending to pupils' physical needs.
Due to the location of the school, the successful candidate will have a Full UK Driving License and access to their own car.