Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow team members, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: Operate a Company vehicle in a safe, accurate, and on-time delivery of building materials to customers on job-sites. Operate vehicle in compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations. All drivers must deliver materials with exceptional customer service and build/maintain relationships with contractors and their crews.
· Know, understand, and abide by all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
· Maintain vehicle in compliance with Company and Government regulations.
· Safely secure and care for materials on truck with manual tie-down system, following all Company procedures.
· Maintain positive customer relations on jobsites.
· Follow jobsite safety rules.
· Assist with lumberyard operations as necessary and all other work related jobs as assigned by supervisor.
· Maintain the Company vehicle's emergency equipment, logs, inspections, and cleanliness.
· Able to Read, Write, and effectively communicate in English.
· Maneuver self and/or materials on and off the truck in a safe manner.
· Drive a manual transmission.
· All other job-related activities requested by Supervisor.
· 1+ Years of Driving experience preferred.
· H.S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
· Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
· Clean Motor Vehicle Record/DOT Record.
· Basic Computer and Math Skills.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
· Ability to lift and move weights of 50+ lbs. repeatedly.
· Ability to Drive and work in all climates.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Ability to climb in and out of truck and on and off of forklift
Being 100% Employee Owned creates a unique culture, resulting in an average career of six years and the longest of 33 years and counting. Being Employee Owned promotes a sense of pride in every aspect of our operations and contributes to our overall goal in providing unparalleled service to the professional building communities of Colorado and northern New Mexico. Being Employee Owned means nearly all of our leadership has been homegrown, starting off in entry level positions and learning the business from the ground up. Employee ownership is an opportunity to advance your career with dedication, hard work, and ownership.
Role: Non-CDL Driver
Apply for this job now.