EAL Teaching Assistant-Stockport
An Ofsted good school in the Cheadle area of Stockport are currently looking for an EAL teaching assistant. This successful applicant will be supporting students whose English may not be their first language. This is a full time role beginning at the start of the new academic year (beginning of September). This school identifies multiple internal students speaking a foreign language. Therefore, they require a teaching assistant with EAL specialism to support the teacher and students. This role may also include, yet not exclusive to: Assisting with reading, spelling and comprehension, Dyslexia and Dyscalculia screening, ASD/ASC alongside EAL needs.
The schools SEND code of practice assesses all learners in the areas of: Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health, Sensory and or Physical Needs
Key aspects of the role:
- Working alongside children who often find the learning process a challenge, focusing on those with EAL needs.
- Monitoring behaviour of either a child or group of children. Ensuring that the school policy is being adhered to.
- Helping with in class tasks, alongside assisting those around the school site.
- Working as a full-time member of the staff able to identify those pupils who ae in need of additional provisions.
- Ability of working well under pressure and overcoming the adversity when dealing with difficult situations.
- Producing suitable resources for those needs of a specific child. In this case EAL training would be desired.
- Pay scale would be dependent on experience (Approx. £10 and £15 hourly)
With the speciality of this teaching assistant role, you will be given specific students who require dedicated assistance and mentoring. You may be tasked with providing small group intervention, working with identified students in supporting them with the relevant materials and resources to support in certain subjects. They will therefore be needed to work with students of all ages and ability from KS3-KS4. If you are interested in applying for this role, please do get in touch by applying via the link below for immediate consideration attaching your latest CV.