This position is primarily responsible for executing the job functions as it relates to the operation of converting assets in a safe and efficient manner during a working shift. Operate and manage each asset in the converting process to meet or exceed productivity standards while generating consistent quality meeting specifications and workmanship standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work environment for themselves and fellow members of the production team. Responsible for following all company safety rules and guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards and workmanship standards for Legacy products are met on a continuing basis.
- Work according to team standards and guidelines.
- Understand and fully comply with the Legacy’s concept of “move to the work.” This means ensuring all tasks required to operate the line are efficiently executed by moving to relieve bottle necks, helping your teammates, and looking for ways to improve a process.
- Provide leadership on asset assigned.
- Become fully cross-trained and deemed proficient on all assets, developing ability to teach anyone how to properly operate each asset.
- Able and expected to step-in when needed to perform any of the production responsibilities.
- Control and document the process using the appropriate Legacy’ forms and tools as required for the specific positions.
- Execute daily production plan and report on line performance for shift, including production statistics, waste, maintenance needs, safety issues and personnel issues.
- Perform routine maintenance on each asset as need.
- Assist Maintenance Technician(s) as required.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Monitor and communicate adjustments to assets or other equipment.
- Effectively communicate with Shift Leadership, Maintenance, and all other personnel in a positive manner.
- Able to test all products using accepted quality procedures and equipment in a consistent and reliable way.
- Obtain and set up raw materials (vitals) as needed.
- Execute product changes as required.
- Scrutinize and suggest improvements for all finished good specifications and operational systems.
- Dump carts, bale materials, remove bales from baler, and store for later processing.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to problem solve (identify problem, define root cause, develop alternative solutions and select and implement most effective solution) is preferred.
- Understanding of converting assets and how they function.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Prior lift truck experience is preferred.
- Positive work attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
Language and Teamwork Required
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills dealing with issues in a positive, complete manner.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility in work assignments.
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy and respect in dealing with all members of the Legacy organization.
- Ability to seek out, listen and value inputs from all levels in the organization.
- Basic coaching skills with the capability to deal with issues in a positive, complete manner.
Education and Experience Required
- Prior experience working in the printing, paper production or paper converting industries is preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires constant walking or standing.
- Occasional bending, kneeling or entry into enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry of up to 50 pounds.
- Must have sufficient hand strength to carry-out job responsibilities.
- Must be able to move with ease around manufacturing equipment.
Legacy Converting strives to be the best disposable wiping manufacturer in the United States serving a global clientele. We tenaciously work to exceed our customer's expectations by focusing on the following three criteria:
-World Class Customer Service
-Innovative, Value-Added Product lines that focus on Price, Quality, and Packaging.
-Flexibility in designing, manufacturing, and delivering products to meet the purchasing requirements of any customer, regardless of customer size or order size.
-With these tenets of success guiding our corporate philosophy and practice, we set out to earn the respect, trust, and business of distributors in a methodical and sustainable fashion. Our creed to offer the best products, at the best price, delivered when promised, resonates with our growing list of clients and helps to fuel our continued passion for excellence.
Role: Machine Operator
Apply for this job now.