Under the direction of the Administrator and or Supervisor, the Employment Specialist (ES) support is given to each participant in meeting their objectives and agreement outlined in their Individual Service Plan and Contract Agreement. ES's must be energetic, resourceful, and highly motivated to assist participants who are diagnosed with intellectual disabilities, explore job sites and discover vocational interests that align with their desires, abilities and skills. ES's should have general knowledge of work skills development and training.
1. Transport participants to and from their residence and training sites daily (may be required to transport in personal vehicle)
2. Assess and implement training programs in the areas of vocational interest, job readiness, mobility training and skill development that are tailored to each participant.
3. Effectively plan Friday's Workshop activities based on participant's objectives.
4. Prepare the participants Individual Service Plans (ISP). This will identify the objectives and community integration training activities.
5. Provide participants with necessary support to meet objectives.
6. Develop on-site work opportunities that allow participants to experience success in performing tasks of increasing difficulty that teach work values.
7. Complete data collection and all reports assigned on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for each participant, including Special Incident Reports and other related documents.
8. Conduct participant assessment, planning and evaluation processes.
9. Supervise, monitor and track participants on their performance.
10. Attend all in-service and staff meetings as required by Community Support Outreach Resource Development Center, (CORD).
11. Responsible for all equipment and materials assigned.
12. Responsible for completing other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Characteristics
Must have general computer skills (MSWord, MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Experience in teaching in community settings; Knowledgeable in basic math, reading, writing or computer skills. Must be creative and have the ability to think outside the box. Must be energetic and have excellent people skills; must have the ability to take initiative. Must have excellent organizational skills; must be willing to recruit new clients.
· Maintain a clean fingerprint background clearance
· Maintain an updated CPR and First Aid card on file
· Physical Requirements-ability to walk, stand, stoop, bend, push and lift 50 lbs.
· Maintain a clean driving record and valid driver's license
· Maintain a vehicle that is reliable in good working condition for transporting participants and errands
· Working conditions-indoors and outdoors and managing challenging behaviors
CORD is an employment agency that assist people living with developmental disabilities find a job .