Job Title - Maintenance Engineer
Location - Birmingham
Shifts - 3Shift Monday - Friday 6-2, 2-10 and 10-6.
Salary - £38000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for maintenance Engineer to join our client who is a large Global business based in the UK. Our client is a large Distribution business specialising in fast moving goods, they have grown massively in the past ten years and continue to do so as a market leader across Europe.
They are also a 1 Billion turnover business with 20, 000 employees worldwide and over 80 distribution sites globally within its group offering stable and long term employment.
Our client has a very steady team with a manager who has over 25 years FMCG experience. A new head of engineering has recently joined the business and is looking to develop and improve the business through its current growth phase. Industry leading training electrical and mechnically is provided.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
As the maintenance engineer you will be responsible for all electrical and mechanical fault finding and rectification work on production lines on site. This will include fault finding through to a competent level with a multimeter or by checking inputs and outputs, reading schematics and checking HMI screens.
Electrical components include sensors, relays, safety circuits, 3 phase motors, inverters, switches & panels. PLC experience will be required for the checking of inputs/outputs on HMI screens.
Mechanical work will include fault finding, swapping like for like on components such as bearings, motors, belts and gearboxes
The work will be predominantly reactive maintenance.
- Reducing equipment breakdown duration and reduce the frequency of breakdowns. You will carry out basic fault finding and planned preventative maintenance on the automated production line equipment to rectify any minor faults.
- Fault finding mechanically on Conveyors, monorail systems and pneumatic equipment the majority cases you will replace components like for like.
- Fault finding electrically with a multi meter and reading electrical schematics. They will also be responsible for the sites preventative maintenance and responding to ad hoc requests for repairs whilst on shift.
- Completion of an electrical maintenance/engineering apprenticeship or qualification.
- Electrical forces candidates will also be considered.
- Experience fault finding electrically and mechanically.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will expect
- Salary - £39500 - £40000
- Will look at candidates who are in engineering roles and want to step up into leadership in the future.
- Company pension plan available.
- Continuous progression opportunities and training available.
- Our client will offer training/development and possible progression for the right candidate.