Are you a Lamp / PHP Lead Developer or Team Leader who wants to advance their career into a 'Head of Software Development'? Are you looking for a rare opportunity to showcase your developer greatness in a unique hybrid start up environment?
Let's tell you about us now
We are an agile, dynamic, software as a service product software company, who are part of a multimillion-pound Plc.
Our success is all about our people and how we enable them to create leading and impactful software solutions through data, technology, smart thinking and creative contribution. We are a diverse, smart, creative and supportive team. We grasp the initiative, obsess over analytics, and excel in creating customers focused solution with lasting impact.
Let's explain the role
The role forms a key part of the Senior Management Team and has responsibility for creating, shaping and delivering the software development programme for our customers. Liaison and relationship development with internal clients and stakeholders, industry communication outlets, commercial and business development teams and the wider Group Business are also core to the role.
Specific focus will be on connecting with the hearts and minds of our development team, engaging them in a vision and forward look which inspires them to deliver career defining work.
Let's share what your leadership role will entail
- Align the team collaboratively around a focused vision, strategy and goals
- Build team capability and invest in growing a first-class software development function
- Establish and develop a deep culture of excellence with a focus on effective and rapid problem solving
- Build a strong talent pipeline which will strengthen the offering
- Improve the use of designated work management systems to surface performance data and progress
- Take responsibility for the continuous 24x7 operation of production environments to agreed SLAs
- Manage the development and testing of all internal and external software development products, projects and services
The small print
- Proven experience of leading, developing and driving team and individual performance to meet targets, SLAs and deadlines, either as a Lead / Senior Developer, Team Leader or Development Manager
- Demonstrable technical expertise in software development in:
- LAMP stack (ideally using the Laravel framework)
- Android and iOS mobile development
- Azure stack
- Deep knowledge and experience with the following:
- PHP frameworks eg. Laravel, Symphony
- HTML, Tailwind CSS framework
- One of Vue.js, React, AngularJS
- Experience with Atlassian tools: Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence
- An aptitude for presenting complex ideas to a non-technical audience
- Desire to continually update knowledge and explore new technologies and opportunities
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Matt Collingwood, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at 'VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK