Title: Front Desk Guest Services Representative
Division: Hotel - Rooms
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Desk Manager/Front Desk Supervisor
Starting Wage: $10.00
Greet and register guests, providing prompt and courteous service, and closing out guest accounts upon completion of stay.
The incumbent is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out assigned duties and responsibilities, provided such action is consistent with position guidelines as outlined below or through the exercise of sound, reasonable judgment and initiative in the performance of job responsibilities.
Position guidelines include, but are not limited to, established company and department policies and procedures and all supervisory directives.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome, using a positive and clear speaking voice
2. Listen to and understand requests, and respond with appropriate action
3. Provide action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attraction locations
4. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including the number of guests, length of stay, and the room rate
5. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs
6. Code electronic keys
7. Verify and run credit and debit cards
8. Basic cash handling
9. Promptly answer the telephone using clear and positive English
10. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction
11. When needed, provide safe transportation to and from the airport and local restaurants/attractions within 3 miles of the hotel.
12. Check At Your Service and follows-up with guest’s issues.
1. Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred
2. High school graduate
1. Skill in use of a calculator
2. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
3. Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions
4. Ability to read, listen to and effectively communicate in English
5. Ability to access and effectively input information using a moderately complex computer system
6. Hearing and visual; ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
Lubbock's Premier Downtown Hotel
The brightest star on Lubbock’s metropolitan skyline, the Overton Hotel & Conference Center, is conveniently located in the heart of the Hub City just steps from Texas Tech University. Artfully designed with an emphasis on stylish, modern spaces with a kick of sophistication and Lone Star State sass. The 15-story landmark hotel is glamorous yet grounded, capturing the rich heritage and friendly unpretentious attitude that make West Texas a mecca for modern-day cowboys, country musicians and the state’s most accomplished winemakers.
Role: Front Desk Guest Services Representative
Apply for this job now.