Rich Text Editor, ckEditorDiv, Press ALT 0 for helpQuEST Global (Engineering) Services seeks candidates to perform the role of Manufacturing Engineer at our Windsor, CT location. This is a hybrid technical role combining skills and experiences associated with Manufacturing Engineering allowing QuEST to provide a full spectrum of quality services for the Aero-engine/Aerospace Industries at the OEM, Supplier, and Aftermarket levels. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to develop strong customer/supplier relations - at all levels, drive to deliver quality parts on time, a passion for continuous improvement, work within a team as well as independently, and flexibility for short-term travel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Part Valuation model creation and validation - develop should cost models
- Provide manufacturing engineering solutions in the areas of process planning, shop support activities and project leadership.
- Drive internal and supply base activities related to Statistical Process Control, Capacity Assessment, First Article Review, Risk Assessments, PFMEA, and Gage R&R studies to meet QuEST’s customers’ quantity and schedule demands
- Provide engineering support to customer's and supplier’s manufacturing & assembly organizations to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
- Drive improvements in all related manufacturing processes, including those related to products, equipment, and product quality for customers
Secondary Job Functions:
- Support project management and program management to quote and close work packages
- Develop work instructions to implement best practices / lessons learned and ensure repeatability
- Collaborate, mentor, and train other QuEST Team Members.
- Coach junior team members, evaluate their skill level and assist in developing their training plan.
- Participate in technical reviews within your knowledge base
Specialized Knowledge / Skills
- Experience with various manufacturing processes such as turning, 3-5 axis milling, grinding, broaching, special processes, and sheet metal/fabrications.
- Well versed in Engineering & manufacturing drawings, can interpret GD&T standards (ASME Y 14.5).
- Knowledge in Measurements system analysis (MSA).
- Hands on experience in various machining, involving CNC and conventional methods and assembly techniques.
- Familiarity with CMM and CAM offline/ Online programming.
- Knowledgeable in methods of inspection & Gauging concepts.
- Data collection and Analysis using QC tools and other SPC techniques (Control Chart, Control Plan, Design of Experiment, Gage R&R, KPCs, PFMEA, Process Capability Indices, Process Mapping)
- Experience/knowledge in APQP, PPAP, LEAN & 5S management
- Exposure to Aero/ Auto industry is preferred
- Familiar with aerospace/auto quality requirements (AS9100, OSHAS, TS 16949, various ISO)
- Familiar with NADCAP programs for Aero space (Civil & Defense) parts
Education, Training, and Experience
- BS/AS in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum hands on experience in Manufacturing Engineering 4+ years
Personal Work Attributes
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and organized
- Passion for developing technical and business solutions
- Ability to persuade and influence without authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Core Value Alignment:
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: Change is embraced, our employees are adopters of new initiatives, and we reinvent ourselves as the market demands. With the continued growth of QuEST, there are many opportunities and needs for team members to explore new disciplines, change functions, and take on leadership roles. Some of these roles and opportunities include:
- Execution within multiple services
- Technical Leadership
- Project Management
- Geographic flexibility
- Account Management and Sales
- Quality Management
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Office and Shop Floor Environments
- Services Oriented: Must be able to meet multiple commitments for QuEST’s customers
- Common activities include sitting, walking and standing.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Windsor, CT
Type: Full-time Salary Exempt
Reports to: ME Team Lead
About QuEST Global:
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST's culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, ad Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.
QuEST is a global company and employs the best of talent across geographies India, North America, UK, Spain, Italy and Australia.
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AAE
Role: Manufacturing Engineer - Parts Valuation
Apply for this job now.