Company: DISCOVERY MOOD & ANXIETY PROGRAM
Job Type: Permanent, PartTime
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you've come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Educational Liaison is responsible for assisting and supporting residents, family and the educational system during the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. Educational Liaison is responsible for contributing insightful, practical, and meaningful information to the treatment planning process.
- Coordinates with parents and school upon admission, regarding educational needs of the client and sets appropriate school work schedule.
- Determines whether the client has any special needs regarding educational requirements, communicates those needs to the treatment team and assists the resident in fulfilling those needs.
- Communicates with client's school regarding assignments and tasks. Facilitates the timely completion of assignments and tasks.
- Communicates with school counselor and parents regarding status of client's educational progress.
- Assists parents with communication to school and school counselor.
- If client is not enrolled in school, assists parents to enroll client in an alternative school to help complete educational minimums.
- Contributes to the well-being of all residents by serving as a positive role model, demonstrating professional and caring manner toward co-workers, residents, and guests. Treat all residents, guests and co-workers respectfully and courteously.
- Maintains a clean environment and ensures that the house is tidy and clean.
- Familiarizes self with the Philosophy, Mission, goals, and objectives of the Discovery Mood and Anxiety Program Treatment Programs. Complies with all Discovery policies and procedures. Attends all designated meetings.
- Makes timely request for leave and makes sure there is coverage for any scheduled shift that is missed.
- Since email is the primary form of communication within Discovery Mood and Anxiety Program, it is required to check company provided email on a regular basis.
- Performs any other assigned and/or requested duties.
- Monitors all resident progress through the treatment experience, communicates with the treatment team as indicated. May attend and participate in treatment planning meetings and treatment review and resident goals setting group.
- May assist in running and engaging residents in therapeutic groups such as coping skills, relapse prevention, DBT, psycho education, Life Skills, etc. for the expected length of time identified in the Program Schedule. Also may assist in providing group ideas.
This is a part-time position that will work Friday and Saturday 7:30am - 3:30pm. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and two years' experience working within the mental health, counseling, or eating disorders field OR
- Master's degree from an accredited university and one years' experience working within the mental health, counseling, or eating disorders field.
- Qualified Mental Health Associate certification preferred (QMHA certification required within 90 days of hire)
- Must attend all training, education, and staff enrichment activities
- Must possess a current Driver's License in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/